"Pick up the battle and make it a better world just where you are.
Yes. And it can be better and it must be better, but it is up to us."
For 40 years, Womankind has been on the frontline—a leader in advocating with and for Asian survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) and their children.
As we recover from the devastating years of the COVID-19 pandemic, economic downturn, increased domestic violence, and a spike in anti-Asian hate, it is imperative that we strengthen our capacity to be present in creating solutions that champion the survivors and AAPI communities that we serve.
Womankind is amplifying our advocacy efforts so that we can adequately address the inequities plaguing our communities and bring about real systemic change at the city, state, and federal levels of government. Womankind has a seat at critical decision-making advocacy and policy tables. We fight for language access in solidarity with diverse coalitions; testify in City Hall, Albany, and Washington D.C.; march and rally; and build networks with Asian and peer survivor-serving community-based organizations.
For our 40th anniversary, we have set a goal of raising $100,000 to bolster our advocacy and policy work. Currently, much-needed perspectives from diverse pan-Asian communities—specifically gender-based violence survivors—are inadequately represented in key spaces. These essential funds will help us:
- participate and co-lead diverse coalitions at the city, state, and federal levels
- educate and disseminate critical information on policies and legislation
- lead and organize impactful marches and rallies with allies
- empower and train survivors as leaders in our movement
- mobilize and push for greater funding to support the work of Asian and survivor-serving community-based organizations
- conduct culturally relevant and linguistically accessible community workshops and trainings on key issues impacting our communities - Asians, survivors, women, immigrants, low-income families
- hire an Advocacy and Policy Manager to spearhead survivor-centric advocacy work
We invite you to listen to this story (video below) from a survivor and her two daughters, who have charted a courageous path towards healing together at Womankind.
As of November 30, we are less than $25,000 shy of our goal. At the start of this season of giving, and on our 40th Anniversary, please donate what you can towards our vision of creating a future where we Rise Above Violence. Thank you!